Going into the season, I thought there was one really good team (Villanova), two teams with the potential to be pretty good (Georgetown and Xavier), and then a whole of lot of question marks with some talent (Providence, Seton Hall, and Johnnies chief among them). I thought 3-4 NCAA bids realistically, and only Nova as a threat to go super deep. Butler turned out to be an awesome surprise, and was one good offensive set away from still playing.

In 2014, we did not get enough teams in the tourney and two of four teams in the field had double digit seeds (and Xavier did not even make the tournament proper). Our two high seeds that year (Villanova and Creighton) did not make the second weekend. This season, we left a couple of Sweet 16 spots on the table, but still have a team playing.

Next season, I think eight of the ten teams in the conference can harbor tournament dreams (everyone but DePaul and St. John's, and even the right coach could possibly make a surprise run with DePaul). Of those, I believe there are four potential teams (Nova, Georgetown, Providence, Xavier) with hopes of coming into the tourney with a protected (top four) seed if their rosters shake out favorably. Butler is just a shade behind that top four, and should be a tournament team next season at a minimum (and they could jump ahead with a quality grad transfer at the 4-5 spots to replace Kameron Woods). I hope and expect that we take another step forward next season and put at least 2-3 teams in the Sweet 16 (crapshoot nature of the tournament not withstanding). We almost went from 0 to 100 this season, but next season I expect to firmly establish our presence as a top level basketball league.