PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Thread

MUfan12
05-23-2022, 01:08 PM
Curious to see which way this offseason plays out. Do they run it back with the core guys and try to improve on the margins, or deal one or more of the core four guys and make a larger splash? Do they give Grayson another go or try to move him?

If they do deal from the core, I think Brook might be on his way out. They get destroyed in drop coverage, and end up having to play small and switch to win in the playoffs.

I think Bobby and Pat end up coming back. Wes back on a vet minimum deal.

Would be curious to hear who everyone is interested in at 24 if they keep the pick. Maybe it's recency bias after Grant Williams swung the series, but EJ Liddell seems like he could fill that role for the Bucks.

Goose85
05-23-2022, 01:28 PM
I think we win it all if Middleton was healthy, so no real need for big changes.

Liddell is likely to be available for the Bucks. I'm interested in Baldwin too, as his height and length is tailor made for the NBA, just not sure if he has the game. A couple foreign players of interest, but they would likely not be ready to play serious minutes next season.

If they want to keep Portis, you may see the Bucks moving Hill, as I think Portis may need a big boost in salary.

I would consider keeping the core with Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, Lopez, Connaughton, Allen, Portis, Matthews. Anyone else could be moved.

mufan2003
05-25-2022, 12:29 PM
I concur with Goose, Bucks win the series against the Celtics (in 5 or 6) with a healthy Middleton. Milwaukee was up 3-2 without Middleton playing one second. Role reversal, imagine the Bucks with Middleton and the Celtics minus Jaylen Brown for the entire series. No way it goes 7 games.

The Bucks need to be careful, not to change for the sake of change. I remember after Game 7 of the 2001 ECF, moving on from Scott Williams for Anthony Mason. Scott Williams had his faults, but he had a nice baseline jumper, was taller/longer and the ball did not stick when he got it. The ball stopped moving with Mason and it was the beginning of the unraveling. Big Dog traded, Ray Allen traded for GP.

My initial thoughts:

(1) Brook Lopez: In his final year (22-23) contractually for $13.9m. Fans and media seemed to agree that the Bucks needed Lopez to repeat as champions. The Bucks have been Top 5 in nearly every defensive statistical category since Bud and Brook arrived in 18-19. No coincidence they fell out of the Top 5 this past regular season when Brook was out.

After the Game 7 loss to the Celtics, Brook becomes the hot name in terms of a player that the Bucks should maybe move on from. Credit the Celtics, they had an offensive game plan that exposed the Bucks (not having Middleton hurt here also). At age 34 and as a large post player, it is true that guys can decline around this time. However, the popular opinion was that you would need him against a guy like Embiid in the playoffs to not wear Giannis and/or Portis out.

Hindsight 20/20, it would have been better picking up a player like Robert Covington (6'7", 6'8") at the trade deadline (could have also used Bembry's services defensively). A guy who would have given you more versatility defensively and could stretch the floor. Ibaka was insurance on Lopez, so understandable. I would be careful with Lopez. Maybe a team looking at a 3-4 year rebuild, like Indiana, where you could pry a Myles Turner from with the allure of Lopez's expiring contract (although Turner is in his final year also). How many teams in the East are willing to help the Bucks become better?

(2) Pat Connaughton and Bobby Portis: Both have player options for 22-23. Both are below their market value (Pat - $5.7m and Bobby - $4.5m). I think you do everything possible to keep both. Pat is 29 and Bobby is 27......both guys in the prime of their careers. The Bucks have Bird Rights to both players, so it is a matter of being willing to pay the luxury tax and how much. Hopefully, max out the length of the contract (4 years) with smaller hits per year. Obviously, nobody would blame Bobby walking for a huge offer. He bet on himself and ran it back. I could see it playing out where Pat stays and Bobby leaves.....but really hope they retain both.

(3) Wes Matthews: Not what he once was but I would bring him back for the veteran's minimum. Defense, leadership and can still knock down the open 3.

(4) George Hill: He has one year (22-23) remaining at $4m. Move on from him anyway possible. Expiring contract will be useful to some team. He provided no value, Bud was loyal from their time in San Antonio and first stint in Milwaukee but at a cost to the team IMO.

(5) Hot Rumor to stay away from: Damian Lillard stating on social media that Giannis is the one player he would really like to play with in the NBA. No way you deal a Middleton and/or Holiday for Lillard. Lillard is a great scorer/shooter......but average defender, smaller and can't score in the post like Jrue.

(6) Jon Leuer and Larry Sanders come off the books: $3.1m and $1.8m respectively, finally.

(7) Big 3: Middleton's PO comes up first for 23/24, followed by Holiday's PO for 24/25 and Giannis' PO for 25/26. Next season, Middleton will be 31, Holiday 32 and Giannis will turn 28 (December). I think this is your core for the next 3-4 years and I am very happy with the 2-way ability, all-around game of each player. So crucial to get the pieces around them correct.

(8) Draft: At #24, you can certainly get a good player and future starter. I see 3 types of players......High Ceiling/High Floor (Lottery Picks), High Ceiling/Low Floor (Highly rated prospects that drop, boom or bust theory.....i.e. Patrick Baldwin) and High Floor/Limited Ceiling (i.e. Malcolm Brogdon a few years ago). I like the High Floor/Limited Ceiling theory for the Bucks at #24. A proven guy over multiple years in a power conference. Granted, in each of the 3 categories, teams still get it wrong. Inexact science, every team misses on prospects. Just have to hit more than you miss. DJ Wilson and now looking like Jordan Nwora (who looked like another Malcolm Brogdon......Nwora was 1st-Team All-ACC) were misses.

(9) Can you add a "3 and D" player 6'6" to 6'9": Last year, the best lineup at times for the Bucks was Giannis at center, Tucker, Middleton, Connaughton and Holiday. They could switch everything defensively and guard the 3-point line. Then offensively, the four around Giannis could space the floor for Giannis in the post or attacking the paint. Again, a guy in the mold of a Robert Covington would be a huge addition. More size and nastiness for deeper in the playoffs.

Overall, Middleton's absence was the main reason for the loss against the Celtics, don't overreact and change for the sake of change. However, if the right deal presents itself, possibly with a rebuilding team, for Lopez, Allen, etc.....I wouldn't hesitate either. Jon Horst and the personnel department have plenty of time to do their homework and figure out some pieces to target around the NBA in potential deals. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

MUfan12
05-31-2022, 03:46 PM
All good thoughts, 2003. They absolutely need to get bigger on the wings. Pat, Grayson, Hill, Wes were all in that 6-4ish range.

The thing I'm struggling with in terms of their future is whether the blueprint works in the postseason. It worked in '21, with some major injury luck. But the issues offensively have been largely the same in their eliminations under Bud. Their outside shooting falls off a cliff, and the halfcourt offense goes to sh*t. I'm skeptical they can fix that with the financial constraints.

Goose85
06-01-2022, 08:18 AM
Great stuff 2003.

Adding back Middleton would be a big change that could help with the shooting. Obviously Middleton is a very good shooter, but I think one of the keys for a player like Allen is to be the fourth guy. With Giannis, Holiday and Middleton on the floor, there is less defensive attention on Allen, and in that case there is less pressure and I think he will be really good just with the spot up three pointer.

I would think the Bucks owners should be good paying a few more bucks for Portis and Connaughton and in turn pay a few more in luxury tax.

mufan2003
06-06-2022, 11:21 AM
A promising rumor regarding Bobby Portis from Marc Stein:

Milwaukee’s Bobby Portis can become a free agent this offseason if he bypasses a $4.6 million player option for 2022-23, but there is already tangible resignation from some interested teams that they won’t have any shot at luring Portis away from the Bucks. The expectation already in circulation is that Portis will re-sign with Milwaukee on a multi-year deal even if he does opt for free agency. (via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com)

Goose85
06-06-2022, 11:56 AM
A promising rumor regarding Bobby Portis from Marc Stein:

Milwaukee’s Bobby Portis can become a free agent this offseason if he bypasses a $4.6 million player option for 2022-23, but there is already tangible resignation from some interested teams that they won’t have any shot at luring Portis away from the Bucks. The expectation already in circulation is that Portis will re-sign with Milwaukee on a multi-year deal even if he does opt for free agency. (via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com)

Keep Portis and keep Connaughton. Bucks can afford it, and probably can't afford not to do so.

Draft based on potential. Would like a 3 and D guy that can help this year, but hopefully they take who they think can be a player down the road.
With that being said, any thoughts on who the Bucks may target?

Goose85
06-16-2022, 10:24 AM
The NBA draft is a week away.

I've seen a lot of different names going to the Bucks in various mock drafts. Any predictions or any players the Bucks are hopefully targeting?

MUfan12
06-21-2022, 10:20 AM
The NBA draft is a week away.

I've seen a lot of different names going to the Bucks in various mock drafts. Any predictions or any players the Bucks are hopefully targeting?

No inside info here, but I think this pick gets dealt to add a wing.

Bud is averse to playing rookies, or really anyone in their first few seasons. The pick might have more value in a trade.

Goose85
06-21-2022, 10:31 AM
No inside info here, but I think this pick gets dealt to add a wing.

Bud is averse to playing rookies, or really anyone in their first few seasons. The pick might have more value in a trade.

Would we have to include someone like George Hill in a trade to offset salary due to our cap status?

MUfan12
06-21-2022, 11:09 AM
Would we have to include someone like George Hill in a trade to offset salary due to our cap status?

Hill or Allen, most likely.

mufan2003
06-22-2022, 10:56 AM
I would also put a trade for a known, established wing or younger center (i.e. Myles Turner) as having the highest odds. Having arguably the best player in the NBA, who is only 27, you don't want to wait on players to develop. When Holiday/Middleton pass their prime in 3-5 years, there will be other stars wanting to play with Giannis. Having Giannis is a magnet to bring free agents to Milwaukee, that will not be an issue.

Some interesting rumors:

*Bucks are 1 of 3 teams looking to trade up to the #14 spot (Cleveland). If true, possibly targeting a certain player (Mark Williams to eventually replace Lopez, he can block shots and also defend on the perimeter. Tari Eason, Malaki Branham, Ochai Agbaji)?

*Jalen Williams (6'6" is rising up the draft board, initially considered a late 1st round pick). Long, a solid 3-point shooter that can defend. This is a popular choice if the Bucks make a pick.

*Dalen Terry and EJ Liddell fit the mold of wings than can shoot and allow you to play small-ball with their size and ability to defend. Only caveat with Liddell, I didn't like how quiet he was in the NCAA Tourney game against Nova. I like players that rise to the occasion when the lights are brightest (granted, just one game).

*Blake Wesley and Andrew Nembhard might be good options to fill the backup PG, combo guard role (optimistically, a Malcolm Brogdon role).

*I believe Wendell Moore and Max Christie will be quality SGs in the NBA.

*High ceiling but might take a while: Nikola Jovic (6'10" playmaker/shooter with size, would be a perfect 4 next to Giannis at C in small-ball lineup) and Patrick Baldwin. Question is, do you want to wait and be patient enough for those guys to develop?

*Jake Laravia (6'8" skilled player from Wake Forest that gives you size, solid shooting and some playmaking ability) reportedly has been in twice to workout with the Bucks. He can defend multiple positions, this was a need against the Celtics.

Hard to read what will happen, but some sort of trade feels likely. Part of it is good fortune, even after completing all due diligence, players end up better than projected and worse than projected. I think the Bucks are one of the few organizations in the NBA with a strong culture. Horst has only made two 1st round draft picks; DJ Wilson and Donte DiVincenzo. Relative to where they were drafted, Wilson was a miss but DiVincenzo was a good pick.

It will be interesting to see what transpires, a lot of different scenarios could play out.

Goose85
06-22-2022, 12:56 PM
I hate to trade a pick because at some point you need young players as Lopez, Middleton and Holiday age. This might be a great time to get a guy you think can play regular season minutes now, and develop into a playoff rotational piece in the near future. Maybe that is why they are considering moving up in the draft (I was surprised when I saw that one).

Your breakdown is really good.
Picking where the Bucks are in the draft is always a crap shoot. Not sure Jovic makes it to the Bucks, but he might be a hard guy to pass on if he does.
Don't know much about Laravia, but may need to find out if we keep the pick.

mufan2003
06-22-2022, 02:06 PM
I hate to trade a pick because at some point you need young players as Lopez, Middleton and Holiday age. This might be a great time to get a guy you think can play regular season minutes now, and develop into a playoff rotational piece in the near future. Maybe that is why they are considering moving up in the draft (I was surprised when I saw that one).

Your breakdown is really good.
Picking where the Bucks are in the draft is always a crap shoot. Not sure Jovic makes it to the Bucks, but he might be a hard guy to pass on if he does.
Don't know much about Laravia, but may need to find out if we keep the pick.

Definitely true. In terms of trading up, one stat that impressed me was that Ochai Agbaji shot 41% on 209 3-point attempts. That is a great percentage on a lot of attempts. Add in his athleticism and long arms, he has the ability to guard multiple positions. He would be ready to contribute from Day 1, having played 4 years in college, and you could eventually have a starting lineup of Holiday, Agbaji, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez. Granted, this would only be an option if they were able to trade up (and the Bucks might be targeting a big man anyway).

The Bucks do have some young players when you consider Portis (27), Connaughton (29) (assuming they can retain both), Allen (26) and Middleton turns 31 in August, who still has 4 or 5 years playing at a high level. Holiday just turned 32. Lopez is the sole key piece that you have to start watching for diminishing returns as a center at 34......which is potentially why the Bucks will be looking at big men if they try to trade up (Mark Williams, Walker Kessler).

Goose85
06-22-2022, 03:28 PM
Connaughton did exercise his option, so his intent is to come back.

Not sure what ammunition we would have to move up in the draft, but I would like Agbaji.

mufan2003
06-22-2022, 03:56 PM
Connaughton did exercise his option, so his intent is to come back.

Not sure what ammunition we would have to move up in the draft, but I would like Agbaji.

Breaking news, that is good, he sounded like he wanted back as early as the season ending media availability. They also have a great chance at keeping Bobby per Marc Stein.

Grayson Allen, Brook Lopez, #24 pick and multiple future 2nd round picks appear to be the tradeable assets. Allen had a great regular season and opening series against Chicago. Kind of gets a bad rap based on a quiet series against Boston. However, that was the #1 ranked defense in the NBA and he was being asked to step into a primary role with the absence of Middleton.

mufan2003
06-23-2022, 11:31 AM
FWIW, NBATV did its mock draft last night with Steve Smith, Andy Katz and a former exec in the NBA. They had the Bucks taking EJ Liddell at #24.

Another interesting note, the exec said several scouts told him Jake Laravia (Wake Forest) has become the most underrated player in the draft the more they went back and broke down film, etc.

mufan2003
06-23-2022, 09:56 PM
MarJon Beauchamp: 6'6", 7'1" wingspan and big hands. Frail, but I love the new all-encompassing dietary, weight training and overall experience of the Fiserv Forum since inception in 2018.

I know nothing about him. Love the way he came across as a humble, appreciative kid that rediscovered his love of basketball and wanting to be great. As always with draft picks, time will tell. Love the NBA Draft......great stories and dreams coming true:

December 22, 2021:*(Mock draft) -- With high-level NBA decision-makers sitting courtside at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center to watch the G League Ignite on Sunday, Beauchamp was arguably the best player on the floor, looking the part of a potential lottery pick in the process. The 20-year-old, long-armed wing finished with 21 points on 14 shots, 4 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals against Grand Rapids, playing with nonstop energy on both ends of the floor while defending former NBA vets, including 12-year pro Lance Stephenson. Beauchamp's value was further accentuated when he was ruled out due to illness as the Ignite were trounced by the Austin Spurs.

After spending two days around the Ignite in October, I wrote that Beauchamp, "could go down as the G League Ignite's biggest success story to date." That proclamation is still holding through 12 games as he's gone from basketball nomad to surefire first-round pick in a matter of six months, averaging 15.1 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.5 steals in 36 minutes. When I first evaluated Beauchamp at a Rainier Beach open gym in Seattle more than three years ago, he was a jumbo point guard with talent off the dribble but minimal defensive intensity. That reputation carried him to four different high schools and a stint at Yakima Valley Community College.

"I had to go through a lot of stuff and find my game," he told ESPN's Jonathan Givony after his big game on Sunday. "Really just bring that energy because I used to play lackadaisical. I just feel like I changed on that side and my defense, I locked in on that a lot more than I used to."

Beauchamp will still get caught ball watching or help off of a strong side corner shooter. But at 6-6 with a 7-1 wingspan, huge hands and a newfound motor, he projects as a multi-position defender in the NBA with the potential to impact the game like Mikal Bridges or Matisse Thybulle. He has excellent feet, works hard to contest jumpers, competes on three-quarter denials in the post and is rangy enough to contest for steals and blocks from the weakside. He's also an excellent positional rebounder.

The best part of Beauchamp's projection is that you don't have to run plays for him to make his presence felt, which bodes well for his NBA future. He's a gap-filler wing who generates offense without using any dribbles by being opportunistic in transition, finding soft spots as a cutter and getting downhill off pindowns and closeout attacks. He's also an above average passer, showing the ability to make simple drop-offs and kick outs, especially in transition.

His experience functioning as a big guard in those Seattle open runs is now more useful, thus giving him more upside than defensive-minded wings. To reach his full potential, he'll have to improve as a 3-point shooter, as he's a bit hesitant to fire off the catch, even from the corners. But he boasts strong shooting mechanics and flashes a reliable stroke in the midrange and from the charity stripe.*-- Mike Schmitz

October 29, 2021:*(G League Ignite preview) -- If his play in Walnut Creek so far is any indication, Beauchamp could go down as the G League Ignite's biggest success story to date. Where the Ignite can truly have an impact is with talented prospects in dire need of direction and development. Enter Beauchamp, whose winding road could have ended in an obscure country on a low-level team 10 years ago. Beauchamp -- born in Yakima, Washington -- played for four different high schools in four years before ultimately signing with unproven training program Chameleon BX in the Bay Area. Beauchamp landed at Yakima Valley Junior College, where he put up huge numbers and received collegiate interest, but questions loomed about his NCAA eligibility. If it weren't for the alternate pathways that now exist, the 20-year-old might have played at a low level abroad and never truly addressed some bad habits on the court.

With NBA scouts now able to evaluate him in a competitive setting, Beauchamp has opened eyes, looking the part of a potential first-rounder at times. He's the most physically impressive of the Ignite prospects at 6-6 with a wide-shouldered 194-pound frame and a 7-1 wingspan, comparing favorably to NBA wings such as Kelly Oubre Jr., Matisse Thybulle and Mikal Bridges. More of a creator when we first evaluated him in 2018, Beauchamp is playing a 3 and D wing role for Hart, showing the ability to defend multiple positions, make plays off the ball with his length, attack gaps offensively, knock down spot 3s and even create for his teammates in spurts.

With the NBA starved for wing defenders in Beauchamp's mold, he doesn't have to be prolific this season to garner real first-round interest. If he can defend with energy, shoot around 35% from distance, and prove to be a sound decision-maker, Beauchamp could emerge as the Ignite's second-best draft-eligible prospect.*-- Mike Schmitz

Post-Draft Analysis

After Giannis Antetokounmpo led the Bucks to their first NBA championship in 40 years last year, the team took a step back this season and bowed out to Boston in the Eastern Conference semi-finals. With their core of Antetokounmpo, Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton intact, the Bucks will be back among the NBA's best teams next season but have work to do in filling out the roster and ensuring the team has enough depth and perimeter shooting to compete in the competitive Eastern Conference. Brook Lopez's injury-plagued season and Bobby Portis' impending free agency after a breakout year require immediate attention, but there are several areas of need on the roster in the backcourt and on the wing, as well.

mufan2003
06-23-2022, 10:30 PM
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1540171356121317377?t=k4w-tybzfqFBzqnHlYvXtQ&s=19

Goose85
06-24-2022, 02:13 PM
I was not expecting that pick, especially with who was still left on the board. Young kid who has a lot of tools from which to develop. Size and wingspan are what we need. Can he shoot the 3 and play D at the NBA level?

mufan2003
06-25-2022, 12:26 PM
I was not expecting that pick, especially with who was still left on the board. Young kid who has a lot of tools from which to develop. Size and wingspan are what we need. Can he shoot the 3 and play D at the NBA level?

Love the measurables and plays with a high motor (based on highlights). Appears to have a good handle and is a good cutter/finisher at the rim. Only shot around 30% from beyond the arc, but I read assistant GM Milt Newton say they believe he will improve his % over time given the fact his shot mechanics are good and will improve with the Bucks' coaching staff (Middleton became a 3-pt shooter, Holiday shot the best percentage of his career this past season [40%], same with Connaughton [39%]).

I think the measurables, ball-handling, playing with a high motor and being able to defend multiple positions are his strengths right now. It will be interesting to see how his career evolves compared to Patrick Baldwin who went a few picks later.

Some high praise from Fran Fraschilla during this highlight reel:

https://youtu.be/eYmtISVYyXE

mufan2003
06-29-2022, 12:18 PM
Still sounds promising for Bobby:

https://clutchpoints.com/bucks-news-40-million-bobby-portis-update-will-have-giannis-antetokounmpo-pleased/

mufan2003
06-30-2022, 12:34 PM
https://hoopshype.com/lists/2022-nba-free-agent-rankings-2/

Free Agency kicks off at 5pm (central).

Hopefully agree to terms with Bobby ASAP and then some interesting names that the Taxpayer MLE ($6.4 million) could be used on:

Patty Mills
Donte DiVincenzo
Otto Porter
Bruce Brown
PJ Tucker
Malik Monk
Mo Bamba (Restricted)
Chris Boucher
Victor Oladipo
Thaddeus Young
Jalen Smith
Goran Dragic

Will a free agent take less to join a championship contender and play with arguably the best all-around player in the game?

Goose85
06-30-2022, 03:36 PM
https://hoopshype.com/lists/2022-nba-free-agent-rankings-2/

Free Agency kicks off at 5pm (central).

Hopefully agree to terms with Bobby ASAP and then some interesting names that the Taxpayer MLE ($6.4 million) could be used on:

Patty Mills
Donte DiVincenzo
Otto Porter
Bruce Brown
PJ Tucker
Malik Monk
Mo Bamba (Restricted)
Chris Boucher
Victor Oladipo
Thaddeus Young
Jalen Smith
Goran Dragic

Will a free agent take less to join a championship contender and play with arguably the best all-around player in the game?

I was actually thinking about a possible Victor Oladipo move to the Bucks. Take a one year contract to try and prove he can stay healthy and be a player in an attempt to parlay that into another contract.

Playing well in the playoffs is the key to getting a big next contract.

mufan2003
06-30-2022, 04:14 PM
Now Kevin Durant wants to be traded before his new deal has even kicked in. Durant mentions Phoenix and Miami as preferred destinations.

Oladipo has had to deal with a lot of injuries, but wouldn't necessarily be against it. I like Patty Mills as a high-level shooter that moves really well off the ball (would fit in well with Giannis, Khris and Jrue who will predominantly have the ball in their hands). Otherwise, wings like Otto Porter and Bruce Brown that give you flexibility in their ability to defend multiple positions. I think Thaddeus Young will be too expensive. I would love Mo Bamba, but not sure how the Bucks would pull that off with him being restricted.

mufan2003
06-30-2022, 05:16 PM
Wes Matthews back to the Bucks on a 1-year deal.

mufan2003
06-30-2022, 05:18 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Bobby Portis has signed a four-year, $49M deal with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bucks?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bucks</a>. <a href="https://t.co/0C4cMyS98D">pic.twitter.com/0C4cMyS98D</a></p>&mdash; NBA News (@nbaonhoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/nbaonhoops/status/1542632241708367874?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mufan2003
06-30-2022, 05:23 PM
Joe Ingles to Milwaukee (great tweet from his wife). He tore his ACL in January, so will not be available to start the season. Who cares, it is all about the playoffs and winning a championship. 6'8" lefty is a career 40% shooter from beyond the arc. If he comes back as the same player from the ACL, this is a great signing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING NEWS: <br><br>Sources very close to free agent <a href="https://twitter.com/Joeingles7?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Joeingles7</a> can confirm that he has agreed to a one-year deal with the Milwaukee Bucks. <br><br>CEO of the house, Renae Ingles, is thrilled for Joe and their family. <br><br>Joe himself, is said to be very bucking happy.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nba?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#nba</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nbanews?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#nbanews</a> <a href="https://t.co/4yra9gQst3">pic.twitter.com/4yra9gQst3</a></p>&mdash; Renae Ingles (@RenaeIngles) <a href="https://twitter.com/RenaeIngles/status/1542631752963063808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mufan2003
06-30-2022, 05:34 PM
Jevon Carter back on 2-year deal:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1542633146688176128

Goose85
07-01-2022, 09:41 AM
Looks like the roster is pretty much set for next year barring some kind of trade or player release.

mufan2003
07-01-2022, 11:24 AM
Joe Ingles highlights from this past season:

https://youtu.be/kRwG_RqDdDM

Goose85
07-05-2022, 09:26 AM
Looks like we are bringing back Ibaka. Need regular season depth so we can limit minutes for Lopez.

MUfan12
07-06-2022, 10:43 AM
Bucks have a 1.5M trade exception that expires tomorrow. They waived Vildoza and Tucker yesterday. Wonder if a vet min deal is incoming.

Goose85
07-06-2022, 11:43 AM
I think the roster is full unless there are plans to move someone.

MUfan12
07-06-2022, 12:52 PM
I think the roster is full unless there are plans to move someone.

At 14 I believe, which is where they've started the past few seasons. But there's still room for one more.

mufan2003
07-06-2022, 01:58 PM
I wonder if there is anything to this:

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1364184/milwaukee-is-checking-greek-big-man-george-papagiannis/

As far as Ibaka, he is 32 right now. He had been coming off back surgery where he never found a rhythm. Al Horford just had a "reincarnated" season at age 35/36. With a 100% healthy offseason, no reason Ibaka couldn't do something similar next season at age 33. He has always been a talented NBA player, worth the risk of a small 1-year deal.

Goose85
07-06-2022, 02:14 PM
At 14 I believe, which is where they've started the past few seasons. But there's still room for one more.

Does the 14 include our first round pick? I thought we would be at 15 once he signs.

mufan2003
07-06-2022, 02:49 PM
The 14 does include Beauchamp, Nwora is not one of the 14 (Bucks made a qualifying offer making him restricted, still pending).

mufan2003
07-13-2022, 01:06 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1547065893909237764

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1547068870803931136

Great news....Pat Connaughton agrees to a 3-year, $30 million (or $28.5m per Woj) extension with a PO in the final year. Added to this year's player option, Pat is signed through 25-26 (assuming the option is exercised in final year). Very reasonable deal for a guy that has shown improvement (love the catch high and release shot) and is just 29. Similar to Bobby, will have a PO for 2025-2026.

Player Options for key players:

Middleton (23-24 for $40.3m)
Holiday (24-25 for $38.6m)
Giannis (25-26 for $51.9m)
Portis (25-26 for $13.4m)
Connaughton (25-26 for $9m)

mufan2003
07-14-2022, 11:57 AM
https://www.nba.com/news/nba-2k23-summer-league-standouts-kings-keegan-murray-shines-on-both-ends-of-the-floor

The typical caveat "it's only summer league," but Sandro Mamukelashvili has been looking really good in Vegas. Rumblings (according to the announcers) that somebody is going to offer him a regular contract if the Bucks don't. I can't imagine the Bucks would let that happen. Sandro also played well last year with the Herd in the G League.

Sandro measured 6'10" in shoes with a 7'1.25" wingspan. Thinking back to the Boston series, needing someone that could get out and defend the perimeter while also having the strength/size inside. Someone else (other than Bobby) who can play the 4 and defend a Grant Williams or Al Horford with Giannis at the 5.

With a healthy Lopez, Portis and obviously Giannis......it will be hard to find minutes. However, Sandro was just drafted last year and is showing very solid/steady improvement. Also like what I am seeing from Beauchamp, his shot mechanics actually look very sound (made four 3's in yesterday's game). He already has a good feel for playing off the ball. When he adds more strength to go along with his long, wiry frame.....he could be a player.

mufan2003
07-19-2022, 09:51 PM
https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1549093497717886978?t=BItg9fPNGS8js3QlFNWRRg&s=19

Goose85
07-20-2022, 02:45 PM
I really think the Bucks should make sure to keep Sandro Mamukelashvili.
Right now he might be a good regular season option, but I think he has a lot of potential with the way bigs are used in the NBA these days.
Ibaka and Lopez are no spring chickens, so some younger depth is needed.

Full disclosure, I wanted the Bucks to pick him as I liked his game at Seton Hall.

mufan2003
07-28-2022, 11:40 AM
I really think the Bucks should make sure to keep Sandro Mamukelashvili.
Right now he might be a good regular season option, but I think he has a lot of potential with the way bigs are used in the NBA these days.
Ibaka and Lopez are no spring chickens, so some younger depth is needed.

Full disclosure, I wanted the Bucks to pick him as I liked his game at Seton Hall.

Always good when a draft pick is developing. He is an asset, so whether you keep him or is utilized in a future trade, good to see the progress Sandro has made heading into year 2.

I just think he will remain behind Brook, Serge, Bobby and Giannis in the 4/5 rotation. I think Serge has a breakout season still in him (like Al Horford).

Goose85
07-28-2022, 12:15 PM
Always good when a draft pick is developing. He is an asset, so whether you keep him or is utilized in a future trade, good to see the progress Sandro has made heading into year 2.

I just think he will remain behind Brook, Serge, Bobby and Giannis in the 4/5 rotation. I think Serge has a breakout season still in him (like Al Horford).

Agree he is blocked, but I think in the regular season you want to limit minutes for Brook (34 years old) and Serge (32 years old), and I think that is his current value. The Bucks have every intention of winning the title, so will need to have their 30+ year old big men somewhat rested and ready to go after the 82 game season.

Then, with continued development, the following year I think he can get playoff minutes.

mufan2003
07-29-2022, 12:36 PM
Agree he is blocked, but I think in the regular season you want to limit minutes for Brook (34 years old) and Serge (32 years old), and I think that is his current value. The Bucks have every intention of winning the title, so will need to have their 30+ year old big men somewhat rested and ready to go after the 82 game season.

Then, with continued development, the following year I think he can get playoff minutes.

Totally agree, and I think Bud has done a good job of getting guys like Sandro minutes throughout the season. Plus, there are always nagging injuries where guys miss 1-2 weeks, Lindell Wigginton saw a decent amount of time last season as a result of this. Who knows, if Sandro plays really well, he could force Bud to give him more consistent minutes (even if those consistent minutes are 5-10 minutes).

mufan2003
09-05-2022, 01:10 PM
Sandro continues his strong summer at EuroBasket 2022:

https://twitter.com/EuroBasket/status/1566512694886371330?t=DGVnO2Uveb6TWW3uuOVmmg&s=19

Giannis being Giannis:

https://twitter.com/EuroBasket/status/1566190192381263873?s=20&t=yl2TReLGtIQlcRtlLyGc6g

mufan2003
09-06-2022, 12:59 PM
https://twitter.com/EuroBasket/status/1567202257518698498

MUfan12
09-07-2022, 12:29 PM
Jordan Clarkson's name seems to keep coming up in trade talks for the Bucks. I don't hate the idea. They have needed a guy who can score off the bench in the halfcourt.

Guessing the package would include some combo of Hill/Allen/Nwora sign and trade.

Goose85
09-07-2022, 03:23 PM
Jordan Clarkson's name seems to keep coming up in trade talks for the Bucks. I don't hate the idea. They have needed a guy who can score off the bench in the halfcourt.

Guessing the package would include some combo of Hill/Allen/Nwora sign and trade.

Don't mind Hill or Nwora moving on, but I think we need Allen's shooting. I contend he would have been successful post season playing the 4th or 5th scorer had Middleton been healthy.

mufan2003
09-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Utah is open to not only moving Clarkson, but Bojan Bogdanovic and Mike Conley as well. I was always a fan of Joe Ingles and Bogdanovic on those Utah teams. Bogdanovic is under contract for one more year at $19.5m. Clarkson has 2 years left at $13.3m and $14.2m (PO).

Ever since Utah traded Rudy Gobert (Minnesota) and Donovan Mitchell (Cleveland), it is clear that Danny Ainge is resetting the franchise, stockpiling draft picks and focusing on going young to find what the future core will be.

mufan2003
09-25-2022, 12:45 PM
Nice move by Detroit, they are quietly putting together a decent roster: Cade Cunningham, Jaden Ivey, Jalen Duren, Marvin Bagley, Nerlens Noel, Kevin Knox, Saddiq Bey and now Bogdanovic.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/bojan-bogdanovic-traded-to-detroit-what-it-means-for-pistons-jazz/